Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FP&L Miami FL. Old building, main power lines are connected to a reader in a box

Quote Originally Posted by chris kennedy View Post
    Where are the two new main disco's going to be located?

The two disconnects are located back to back and connected to a gutter with main wires from meter.

Quote Originally Posted by hurk27 View Post
    Looks good as long as you have the utility and inspectors blessing, but I have a question on the voltages you have listed?

120/240 is a 4-wire delta with a wild leg on "B" phase that will be 208 to the neutral as such the single phase meter will only be able to be connected to the A & C phases.

If you have stated the wrong voltages and in reality you have a 120/208 Y service then you should be good to go.

no, I didn't get the inspector blessing, the main disconnect for the new meter needs to be outside next to the new meter, what inspector recommended was to leave the CT meter and riser as the way it is and add the new meter with his own over head riser and a main disconnect next to the existing CT meter. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by O'donisR View Post
    no, I didn't get the inspector blessing, the main disconnect for the new meter needs to be outside next to the new meter, what inspector recommended was to leave the CT meter and riser as the way it is and add the new meter with his own over head riser and a main disconnect next to the existing CT meter. Thank you
    What is reasoning for separate meter? If to supply a separate occupancy and if disconnecting means are not required to be grouped together it may be ok, really need to more before I can make that call. If disconnects are required to be grouped together then inspector is creating violations before you even get started by wanting one disconnect in this location and other(s) at existing location.