E2 Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnhall30

Occupation
Engineer
I am going to study and take my E1 and E2 exam and I am confused on the "Code Year" Section.

Am I allowed to take a test on any version of the NEC? I would assume this would be regulated by my state's adopted NEC version, but I am free to schedule my test under any version.

Does anybody have experience with this?

<iframe src="https://albumizr.com/a/vEN3" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen width="700" height="400"></iframe>

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
It is likely you would have to get your answer from the local testing authority. I, for one, do not know what you mean by E1 and E2 exams.

Welcome to the forum.

Johnhall30

Occupation
Engineer
It is likely you would have to get your answer from the local testing authority. I, for one, do not know what you mean by E1 and E2 exams.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks, E1 and E2 are ICC exams
E1 is residential electrical inspector and E2 is commercial electrical inspector.

jksmith82

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
My state, Pa, is on the 2014 NEC and 2015 IRC. Phila. Is a little different. So it will depend on your location. I talked to my inspector to find out.

Happy Thanksgiving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
I am going to study and take my E1 and E2 exam and I am confused on the "Code Year" Section.

Am I allowed to take a test on any version of the NEC? I would assume this would be regulated by my state's adopted NEC version, but I am free to schedule my test under any version.

Does anybody have experience with this?

<iframe src="https://albumizr.com/a/vEN3" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen width="700" height="400"></iframe>

ICC usually offers these at least 1 version back for AHJs that use a prior edition. If you are taking this at the request of an AHJ you are already employed with, ask them. If you are doing this just to have it, it really does not matter. I've never seen an AHJ ask or care what version you tested under if you are applying for a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.