smart phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strife

First of all I wouldn't go with Verizon.
For the price I like Sprint. Every couple years I get mad at Sprint and think I can get something better so I check everyone else's prices. And I always end up staying with Sprint.
The bottom line for me is to get same thing I get right now Verizon and ATT would be 50-60 dollars more a month.
These are a few things they offer VS the others:
1: The anytime minutes start at 7:00 (ATT has from 9:00 and is 10 extra to go from 7:00. Not sure about Verizon)
2: I get unlimited mobile to mobile (ANY mobile, not only Sprint). ATT and Verizon is only free mobile to mobile for their respective networks (IE ATT you get free mobile to mobile only with other ATT mobile phones).
3: Sure Sprint is charging now 10.00 extra a month for their smart phones (which is still cheaper if you add #1 above), but they don't limit the data you use. Verizon and ATT drop your speed if you go over 2GB (and with a 4G phone is pretty easy to go over 2GB)
I have a 1500 minutes plan with 4 phones and an air card and I pay 240.00 a month. With the mobile to ANY mobile I never use more than 600-800 minutes.
Now I know a lot of people complain about the Sprint coverage, but I never had problems.
No, I'm not a sprint salesman, just my opinion.
As far as the phone: The I Phone is nice, smooth, and very popular. But as any other Apple is very proprietary. From what I understood, you can't even change the battery without going to an Apple store. And last I heard it still doesn't run flash player (which I might be wrong, but a lot of applications on the net nowadays are flash player based)
Personally I like the Android, it's open ended, which means everyone can build applications for it, therefore the android applications available are growing exponentially.
I am looking into buying my first smart phone. I have been to the Verizon store to look over the different smart phones and get a idea on how they work.I believe it would take me a while to learn how to use the smart phone.

the Question: there is the I phone and the Droid both very similar but both are the same price. wondering if the members would chime in on what phone they use and which is better the Iphone or the Droid.

thank you all for your continued support
Cameron

360Youth

I have not read all of the posts, by I am sure all the pros and cons have been opinionated and all the battle lines have been drawn on iPhone vs. Droid :D. I have a Droid X and I love it, especially with the new new 2.3 OS, aka Gingerbread. The large screen is extremely addictive. Both systems have their advantages. Personal preference for UI is the former Palm, now HP WebOS. But not nearly as versatile as the others, but more than capable as a smartphone option. That being said, my two cents for yay or nay on a smartphone period is a huge YES. Mine is company supplied, so I can say that rather easily, tho. ;) I was sold on a smartphone not so much for the email and other business aspects, but for the day I was in the middle of nowhere on a service call for a customer who needed a conduit stub for a hot tub before they poured the slab. No specs. Barely a brochure. But the model number was enough for me to go online, find a pdf, and download the layout that told me where to place my stub up. If taken advantage of, smartphones can be very profitable. I won't even go into the hundreds of photos I have taken in wall spaces, data plates, job sites, etc, all that can be shared instantly to those that need it.

cdslotz

Our company has been on Verizon for several years. I don't have a company phone (my choice) and I own my own new iPhone 4.
When Verizon started offering iPhones, not one person in our company got one. Everyone went with a Droid.
I asked another estimator if the Droids allow you to multi-task and he said no. He said it drives him crazy.
Is that true with all Droids?

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I asked another estimator if the Droids allow you to multi-task and he said no. He said it drives him crazy.
Is that true with all Droids?

When you say multitask do you mean talk on the phone and use data at the same time? If so it's not the phone it's the network. You can't use data and voice at the same time on Verizon. The only way you can do both is if you are connected to a wifi network.

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I forgot to mention above that the Verizon Thunderbolt can do simultaneous voice and data but this is an LTE phone. It is the only one of the 3 LTE phones available that has this capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.