WHATS THE BEST POWER/ CONDITION MONITOR FLUKE OR AEMC??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help determining which condition monitor will be best for our company. Here is what we need in order of its priority.

4 channel monitor to record/ view live voltage, amperage, harmonics, frequency, power factor, demands.
Able to view from mobile Ios app and from laptop/desktop outside/inside of network. (basically from anywhere in the world anytime)
Also records the data to card or USB phone APP.
Mobile so that we can move the unit around to record different services or pieces of equipment.
Easy to run.
Monthly cloud recording is not preferred however if that's the best option we are open to it.

I have looked into the Fluke 3540FC and the AEMC PEL105 thus far. Both look like capable instruments. However, the AEMC does not offer a Ios App and the Fluke will only work with a monitoring subscription.

Any help or reviews would be awesome guys. Also we are open to other options if there is something better out there.

Thanks in advance..

ATSman

ATSman
Occupation
Electrical Engineer/ Electrical Testing & Controls
Dranetz Power Line Disturbance Monitor

Dranetz Power Line Disturbance Monitor

My suggestion to you is to google the Dranetz 658 Power Line Disturbance Analyzer. I am old school but this is the unit that we have used in the 80's and 90's and has served us well.
If my recollection is correct Fluke bought Dranetz (Abraham Drantez, founder) but my experience with the new and improved is not favorable. I am used to the old stuff and not happy with the new models, ease of programming, etc (graphics are crappy to say the least.)
You can still find them on ebay. I am sure there are other brands out there with newer technology but I have not kept up with the power quality monitoring arena lately as I am deluged with ATS work.
Hope my 2 cents helps.

brian john

I have owned several different monitors, various manufacturers, we presently are using the Fluke 1750, and am very happy. We are generally a sub-contractor to other ECs and need to complete reports the Auto Report writer is decent with some after generating edits.

If my recollection is correct Fluke bought Dranetz

Did not know that,

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I have owned several different monitors, various manufacturers, we presently are using the Fluke 1750, and am very happy. We are generally a sub-contractor to other ECs and need to complete reports the Auto Report writer is decent with some after generating edits.

i looked as well, and that would be my choice, but i couldn't justify the $17,000 price
for the amount i would use it. ended up with an old fluke in almost new condition
for $1,000. it gets the job done for what i need in my work.

a thought, but for that much money, i'd want IOS, Android, and apps that integrated
into those environments seamlessly. i'd want wi fi connectivity, so i could access the
thing from anywhere.

Windows? that is it? $17k?

Status
Not open for further replies.