220V GFCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLR

Does a 220v 2 pole single phase 60a GFCI breaker need a neutral on the line side to work proberly.The breaker was feed with a 2wire feed to power a 220v spa.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Does a 220v 2 pole single phase 60a GFCI breaker need a neutral on the line side to work proberly.The breaker was feed with a 2wire feed to power a 220v spa.
Shouldn't... as that is the main reason for it being a 2-pole GFCI to begin with.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor

Yes, It needs the neutral on the line side but not the load side. The breaker has a white wire that must be connected to the neutral bar whether or not a neutral is used in the circuit. I believe the breaker needs the neutral for the electronic to work.

iwire

Staff member
Yes, It needs the neutral on the line side but not the load side. The breaker has a white wire that must be connected to the neutral bar whether or not a neutral is used in the circuit. I believe the breaker needs the neutral for the electronic to work.

That is also my understanding as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.