t&m or bid on lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBLES

I was asked to repair parking lot lites and was wondering shoukd i charge bid or t and m. How much do you guys warranty material

220/221

90% of the time, you want to bid work.

One exception would be troubleshooting.

We try for a combination. Time to show up and diagnose then a set price per lamp/ballast.

This one was easy to diagnose. :lol: The 20' pole/fixtures were still intact.

brokenbase2.jpg

kwired

Electron manager
90% of the time, you want to bid work.

One exception would be troubleshooting.

We try for a combination. Time to show up and diagnose then a set price per lamp/ballast.

This one was easy to diagnose. :lol: The 20' pole/fixtures were still intact.

brokenbase2.jpg

I can see that happening around here because of (repeated) damage from snow removal but in AZ? Or is this in high elevation area?

220/221

I can see that happening around here because of (repeated) damage from snow removal but in AZ? Or is this in high elevation area?

Somebody was high :happyyes:

They must have been driving really fast when they hit it. BIG chunks of concrete was thrown 30' away and there was some paint scuff a few feet up on the pole..

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that alcohol was involved.

mtfallsmikey

I have my EC do it T&M, I have a pretty good idea from the past what it is going to cost, but I don't want to tie them down eiether.

kwired

Electron manager
Somebody was high :happyyes:

They must have been driving really fast when they hit it. BIG chunks of concrete was thrown 30' away and there was some paint scuff a few feet up on the pole..

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that alcohol was involved.

I never would have expected the pole to still be upright if someone hit it like that.
Several hits to the base at lower speeds I can imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.