mc anti shorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bphgravity

Not specifically as there is in Section 320.40 for Type AC cable. As with any product, always follow the manufacturer's installation instructions.

stew

all the previous being said I use them religously all the time. It only takes one callback and a long troubleshoot to see how easy it would have been to install one of these little helpers.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
all the previous being said I use them religously all the time. It only takes one callback and a long troubleshoot to see how easy it would have been to install one of these little helpers.

I agree with you 100%. i install them my self. However it is good information to know for this scenario:

Last two boxes you need to install and you are out of antishort bushings,
A) Do you stop the job and come back tomorrow or
B) You install the MC cable knowing that anti bushing are not required and the inspection will pass or at least you have the confidence to tell the inspector that the short bushings are not required and the job is done.

It is just good information to know. the manufacturer doesn't say "do not install" it says "it is not required" So it is the installers choice.

Last edited:

tkb

that is really good information.

Is that valid when debating with the inspector or they want to see the cut sheet or instructions from the manufacturer.

If you know the inspector wants them, why would you want to debate it with him?

Just put them in. It only adds pennies to the job.
If you fight the inspector he will find something else to make your life miserable and it will cost you more.

cadpoint

mc anti shorts

Yes, say that out loud in certain circles and they state looking at you
been there done that, wearing the T-shirt...

Status
Not open for further replies.