Relocate Main Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjacobs

I have a customer who is asking me if it is legal as per NEC to do the following.

This is a manufacturing plant with a 13KV feed coming in from the local utility.
The feed comes into the building and is split from mian switchgear through three 15KV switches. Each 15KV switch feeds a transformer 13KV/480 volt and then to a 2000 amp 480 volt switchboard each to feed 480 volt loads throughout the plant. The customer would like to build a room on the roof of the plant and relocate the 13KV equipment, transformers and switchboards to free up floor space for new manufacturing machines. The 480 volt loads would then be refed from the switchboards in the new room back down to the plant loads inside. I can not find anything in the code telling me I can not do this, but this is a lot to digest.:?

Thanks for any help in advance.

kwired

Electron manager
Most of the equipment you are talking about is pretty heavy I hope they are also thinking about what it will take to carry the weight of it.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
If the service disconnect is going to be in the new rooftop room how are you planning on complying with 230.70(A)(1)?

Status
Not open for further replies.