TIA 1005 680.42(b)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M. D.

Exception No. 2: A listed self-contained spa or hot tub that meets all of the following conditions shall not be required to have
equipotential bonding of perimeter surfaces installed as required in 680.26(B)(2):

(1) Is installed in accordance with manufacturer?s instructions on or above grade.
(2) The vertical measurement from all permanent perimeter surfaces within 30 horizontal inches (76 cm) of the spa to the top
rim of the spa is greater than 28 inches (71 cm).
http://www.nfpa.org/Assets/files/AboutTheCodes/70/FD11-3-10-d_D11-2_TIA_NFPA70.pdf
Does anyone know how Massachusetts is dealing with this ? was it adopted ? or do I still have to run the #8 around the Hot tub in the dirt...

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I know that it has been around for a while but I have no idea who has accepted it. I need to contact NC and find out also.

raider1

Staff member
It is my understanding that a TIA is considered part of the code that it is amending and does not need to be specifically adopted. A TIA automatically becomes a proposal for the next edition of the code.

So if a jurisdiction had adopted the 2011 NEC then the TIA would be included unless the jurisdiction specifically amended the TIA out.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.