NEC Residential help - victim of bad contractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baja6b

Hello, i am a homeowner and believe i had some shady electrical work done. I am looking for help with NEC / Sparks Nevada electrical codes.
Concerns:
1. Romex run to metal housing for can lights (round knock out, not rectangular tabs) with no barrier between knockout edge and romex
2. Older 2 wire outlets, have neutral and ground tied together to create impression if false ground when tested.
3. Electrical for bathroom fan and under floor heat dead end somewhere because general contractor forgot to install.
4. Electrical wires (switch) buried in drywall mud and then extended to proper location.
5. No access to some of above due to no access to attic in addition.

Any help that could be given would be appreciated.
9f35ae9f386e8b78868cd31516e9ba17.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Other than agreeing with you that that is indeed some bad electrical work there is not much else we can do as the Forum rules prevent us from giving advice to non electrician..

This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. However, if you are not an electrician or an electrical contractor, then we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical installation work.

Status
Not open for further replies.