800a Switch In Extg. Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

Have to install switch in extg. board. Some concerns/questions

1. Need to know manufacturer.
2. Could have to modify gear to accept switch?
3. need to know what's there now? Could be a space or need to remove switch.

THoughts?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 0

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
No one can answer these questions with the information that you have provided. I would assume that the engineer who made the drawing has investigated the switchboard in question.

iceworm

Curmudgeon still using printed IEEE Color Books
Occupation
EE (Field - as little design as possible)
QUOTE=mstrlucky74;1988161]Have to install switch in extg. board. Some concerns/questions

1. Need to know manufacturer.
Yes - get a picture of the switchboard nameplate

2. Could have to modify gear to accept switch?
Yes

3. need to know what's there now? Could be a space or need to remove switch.
Yes. Yes.

THoughts?
You will know after you look at it - and call the mfg/vendor with the nameplate data.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
There are companies all over the country that specialize in "kitting" retrofit breakers into old gear. You give them the make and model of the existing gear and what you need to add, they investigate it for you and put together a kit that includes the necessary mounting hardware, bus connectors and sheet metal. I've used these guys a lot, they have a ton of records of old switchbaord manufacturers and have been able to do some crazy stuff for me, so long as maintaining UL listings is not an issue (it rarely is with old gear anyway). They once put together a kit for me to install a new Siemens breaker into an old Westinghouse switchboard built in the 60s. there are companies just like them all over the country.
https://www.pacificcoastbreaker.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.