Phase load / imbalance indicator for home generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragin Cajun

I have an emergency generator for my home. I also just got one for my son who lives out of town.

Is there some simple commercial product that I can install that will give an indication of the load per phase? Something that will also give us an indication of phase unbalance.

I, of course, have a clip-on ammeter I could use, but that's not what I am looking for, especially for my son. Something that's permanently installed - and not too expensive. My installation is compete with with a 60A xfer switch permanently installed and feeding a dedicated pnlbd.

Thanks,

RC

nhfire77

I have an emergency generator for my home. I also just got one for my son who lives out of town.

Is there some simple commercial product that I can install that will give an indication of the load per phase? Something that will also give us an indication of phase unbalance.

I, of course, have a clip-on ammeter I could use, but that's not what I am looking for, especially for my son. Something that's permanently installed - and not too expensive. My installation is compete with with a 60A xfer switch permanently installed and feeding a dedicated pnlbd.

Thanks,

RC

This is rated for 50A:

http://www.reliancecontrols.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MB75

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.