Equipment Enclosure Internal Cable Management/Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Designer69

I am trying to figure out if there are any standards anywhere that guide how instrument cables inside a large equipment enclosure are managed/supported.

We have very large service air compressors/ generator enclosures which we will be adding instrumentation and cabling inside but I have no idea what to write for supporting the new cables internally.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
With out seeing anything I have no idea either. There are probably dozens of ways to do this though. Why not look and see how the existing wiring was run and learn from that?

-Hal

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
We often see Panduit slotted wiring duct used for internal cable management.

70044176.jpg

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
Consider how wiring is handled inside your car. Wires are laid out on a piece of plywood, with points labeled "left headlight," "Fuse block," Heater fan," etc. Once all the wires are laid out, the ends stuffed into connectors, they are bundled together (tie wraps, I assume). The whole cable harness is threaded into your car with the end points at the places they need to go.

It all depends on whether you think there is or will be a need to replace or change the wiring. Cable harnesses are pretty much build-only, not repairable.

Status
Not open for further replies.