110.14 violation? - single phase xfmr grounding

Status
Not open for further replies.

housemoney

Occupation
Engr
New client had me nit-pick a contractor- grounding in the single phase 120/240 15kVA transformers was interesting- On left it's subject to vibration with no locking washer- on right they've jammed multiple stranded grounds under a single mechanical lug. Any specific NEC violations other than 110.12?

Issue X.jpg

kwired

Electron manager
New client had me nit-pick a contractor- grounding in the single phase 120/240 15kVA transformers was interesting- On left it's subject to vibration with no locking washer- on right they've jammed multiple stranded grounds under a single mechanical lug. Any specific NEC violations other than 110.12?

View attachment 22963
Don't know that a lock washer is required.

110.12 should almost never be cited unless there is gross negligence involved.

110.3(B) is something you likely could cite for both things you bring up, the two conductors in single lug most likely is not listed for that.

kwired

Electron manager
If it's an Ilsco TA-0 then it's rated for two 4 to 12 gauge wires, so it would need a closer look to say that there's a problem.
Most of the single-hole Ilsco lugs are only good for one wire, and only a few of them are good for 2:

https://commerce.ilsco.com/documents/PDF/TechnicalDrawing/CATPG122.pdf

Don't use TA-0 all that often, use TA-2 all the time, never knew it also is rated for two conductors (14-10). That can come in handy and need to start considering that. Bet I will need to pull spec sheet out for an inspector when he tries to fail it also.

Status
Not open for further replies.