40 foot parking lot poles

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Used a helicopter to install some 60' ones (ball field lights). Price used to work out about the same, depending on how many times they had to move the crane.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
We sub ours out, we have a subcontractor that's set up for it, has all the proper rigging, and is very fast. He has a digger/derrick truck, does the holes, pours the concrete

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Used a helicopter to install some 60' ones (ball field lights). Price used to work out about the same, depending on how many times they had to move the crane.

Many years ago I did one parking lot in Raliegh,NC, where we subbed it to another electrical contractor who owned their own crane, it was big enough that he set up in the middle of the parking lot, and set all of the poles without moving!

Strife

It depends,
Fiber glass poles? Steel poles? Concrete poles?
Direct burial? on bases?
Obviously direct burial requires an auger, a lot of auger machines come with a trolley to lift the poles and put them in. All fiber glass and most concrete would work with that.
However, I would shop around for a company that does that a lot. I always sub my pole installations. $350.00 or so for a direct burial 30-40 feet concrete pole.

What do you guys use to install 40 light poles. Crane?

kwired

Electron manager
What do you guys use to install 40 light poles. Crane?

If not a crane or helicopter, the only other thing that comes to mind is a bunch of cheap labor, big pile of lumber, and a lot of rope -- let them figure out how they are going to erect them, suprisingly they will probably find a way;)

Large tele-handler may work, but a crane will be easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.