bob22441

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
250.96 Bonding Other Enclosures.
(A) General. Metal raceways, cable trays, cable armor, cable sheath, enclosures, frames, fittings, and other metal non–current-carrying parts that are to serve as grounding conductors, with or without the use of supplementary equipment grounding conductors, shall be bonded where necessary to ensure electrical continuity and the capacity to conduct safely any fault current likely to be imposed on them. Any nonconductive paint, enamel, or similar coating shall be removed at threads, contact points, and contact surfaces or be connected by means of fittings designed so as to make such removal unnecessary.

Also may want to take a look at 392.60.

Welcome to the forum.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I think at least some kinds of tray are listed for the bolts that hold it together to serve as bonding means.

In fact, I can't recall seeing tray with lugs on it before. But I maybe never looked that close.
If listed for use as an equipment grounding conductor, you are correct to a degree (see 392.7 and it's associated Table). I know a few contractors that always run (or engineers that always spec') a separate EGC bonded to each section.

Status
Not open for further replies.