lighting contactor control

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauld

Here is overview of what is involved. I have a intermatic astrological timeclock controlling lighting contactor . I want to add single pole switch to be able to turn contactor on for lights at any time and have timeclock turn off. Basically time clock will have contactor on at 5pm, off at 8am, during certain events lights will be turned on . Right now the lights are being turned by overriding timeclock. Want to use single pole to keep unwanted people from timecclock,seems setting are often changed by mistake

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
What kind of contactor are you using? A mechanically held contactor will not work with a standard SP switch the way you've outlined the sequence of operation.

Welcome to the Forum. :D

Smart $

Esteemed Member
... I want to add single pole switch to be able to turn contactor on for lights at any time and have timeclock turn off. Basically time clock will have contactor on at 5pm, off at 8am, during certain events lights will be turned on ...
Sounds like you need a countdown-to-off timer with contact in parallel with timeclock contact. When turning lights on before 5pm, timer is turned on and set to an amount of time that will expire sometime after 5pm but before 8am.

wiigelec

Sounds like he wants manual override of ON, but retain timed OFF.
Hmmm, well how about this:

TCLC
------||--------()--
--||--
CR1
SPCR2CR1
------||---|/|---()--
TCCR2
-----|/|--------()--

Where:
TC=timeclock LC=lighting contactor CR=standard relay SP=SP switch
CR2=timing relay (http://www.serelays.com/products.php?t=820 using C-interval, 1 second)

SP switch pulls in CR1 which pulls in lighting contactor. When timeclock pulls in then drops out (NC transitions 0-1) CR2 drops out which drops out CR1 which drops out lighting contactor.

Status
Not open for further replies.