UPS output power factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrics

Hello, I wonder why there is such a concept with online (or others if there is really) UPS 'es ? I think somethings limit the active power capacity of a ups in general? I cant find out what is it? İt is related to inverters or capacitors etc in the ups??

electrics

when the mains is off and the battery is feeding a lagging load, does the battery have always the same current direction (feeding the load) or to create the reactive power on the inverter the direction of the battery current changes alternately?

Joethemechanic

Occupation
Electro-Mechanical Technician. Industrial machinery
when the mains is off and the battery is feeding a lagging load, does the battery have always the same current direction (feeding the load) or to create the reactive power on the inverter the direction of the battery current changes alternately?

A lagging current (lagging PF) on the AC side of an inverter does not flow back to the batteries.

that is not to say a device could not be built to do it. I just do not see why you would want to being that there are better and cheaper (and proven) solutions to lagging PF problems.

electrics

so how does a battery+ inverter pair create a pool to let the reactive power oscillate between the load and it? If there is a reactive power this means it will circulate between the load and the source, since inverter is not a medium to store energy it remains that the battery draws current in perhaps limited intervals...

Status
Not open for further replies.