hard to fill

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
My F250 with a service box has been a real pia to fuel up. Taking 20 minutes on a good day with very few good ones. Broke down and took it to the local dealership. They have a modification kit for a mere $903 plus change. Worth every penny. 12 gallons per minute now. I can spend $100 in less time than it takes to.check the oil!!

E Man

Mine has the same problem, but I finally found a sweet spot and can fill with nozzle wiide open. Took a little while to find the "sweet spot"

mike7330

My F250 with a service box has been a real pia to fuel up. Taking 20 minutes on a good day with very few good ones. Broke down and took it to the local dealership. They have a modification kit for a mere $903 plus change. Worth every penny. 12 gallons per minute now. I can spend $100 in less time than it takes to.check the oil!!

"I can spend $100 in less time than it takes to.check the oil!![/"

LOL!!!!!!! we can tell our kids someday that back in the good old days "It only cost $100.00 to fill my work truck"

ceb58

Mine has the same problem, but I finally found a sweet spot and can fill with nozzle wiide open. Took a little while to find the "sweet spot"

Put the nozzle in and turn it upside down. That's the fastest way I fill my F-350 utility.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I have a similar problem with my Jeep. With some pumps if I put the nozzle all the way in it just will not fill at full speed. I have to move it about an inch out to get it to work at full speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.