Thread: NEC 2008 & 2011 cost increase

NEC 2008 & 2011 cost increase

Can anyone point me in the right direction for published cost increases attributed to the NEC 2008 and 2011 code changes?

Are you asking how much difference in cost there may be in an installation that meets 2008 NEC Vs same installation with 2011 NEC as the standard?

If so I think there will be a more noticeable change in cost in the residential area but for non residential there may be some cases where there is little or no change at all.

NE (9.1 miles @5.07 Degrees from Winged Horses)
    Don't rely on the makers of AFCIs to provide you with a realistic added cost to comply with the changes regarding those. They drastically underestimated the #of circuits that most of us install in homes.
    Tom
    TBLO

Published costs

Quote Originally Posted by JDH1234 View Post
    Can anyone point me in the right direction for published cost increases attributed to the NEC 2008 and 2011 code changes?
    That is a loaded question. Reason, publishing costs of printing the book does not include the writing and editing costs for upgrading the manuscript for the total publication cost. To point someone in the right direction might be to get the costs from the printer and they might add the shipping costs also.

I doubt there will be an easy answer availability unless the NFPA would be congenial enough to divulge their costs to anyone's inquiry. I believe their accounting department would be the final answer. My answer is based on electrical books I publish.
    rbj, Seattle...Safety is a Professional Courtesy.