GFCI sporadic tripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gac66610

the way i hope it works is ... if a nail or screw goes through romex making contact from ground to grounded conductor gfci should trip ... but it would trip all the time not nuisance tripping and yes loads attached ... try convincing a HO that its their coffee maker is causing a trip long story off this topic different house
"can't fix stupid" - Ron White

yes gfci receptacle was replaced

did not think i would get this many responses, i appreciate all of them
looking through old threads can be addictive;)

kwired

Electron manager
try convincing a HO that its their coffee maker is causing a trip

I know the feeling, it is always the GFCI's fault or the circuit breaker - never an appliance you are supposed to change the breaker or GFCI and the problem will go away.

I've run into outdoor extension cords buried under mulch with whatever yard decor plugged into the end also under mulch. Tell them that if they don't bury that connection it will not trip as often. They don't want to hear that. Convince them to just try it for a while and see and they find out I was right.

Gac66610

Mrs "coffee maker" told me gcfi tripped coffee pot doesn't work, i went over changed gfci (i've had bad ones before) still tripped a day or two later, talked to Mr "coffee maker" asked if he could plug coffee maker into microwave plug just for a few days and i would call back. Talked to Mrs "coffee maker" asked if it had tripped ... "well of course not, nothing was plugged into it" ... i just laughed, she threatened to call another electrician should have told her okay she still believes its my problem

Status
Not open for further replies.