Test Ques.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flight987

Thank's Bob

Thank's Bob

Where does the code have this in the code? I need a code Ref. and a answer.
Please respond Bob!

Flight987

To Bob

To Bob

Read the ques. over. It is ALL.. Goegle has nothing to do with a state Exm. This chart doesn't show Copper or All.. So now what?
There is a code Ref. to busway's ( or the Questions states busbare). Now it would be nice if someone that read's this understand's
the different's.

Last edited:

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Read the ques. over. It is ALL.. Goegle has nothing to do with a state Exm. This chart doesn't show Copper or All.. So now what?
There is a code Ref. to busway's ( or the Questions states busbare). Now it would be nice if someone that read's this understand's
the different's.

First off let's drop the attitude. This isn't in the NEC so Bob searched the Internet and found you some information. If the answer wasn't satisfactory I would suggest that you do the same. Start with Google.

iMuse97

See this thread for a discussion of busbar ampacities: http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=52182

If I figured the way one method I knew of, it would be (AL)700 amperes per cross-sectional square inch, and (CU) 1,000 amperes per cross-sectional square inch. In your test question this method gives you 1050 amps., but that result would have to be adjusted by ambient temp factors, and other mitigating issues. See code (2008) of 366.23(A).

Last edited:

bob

Read the ques. over. It is ALL.?. Goegle?has nothing to do with a state Exm. This chart doesn't show Copper or All.. So now what? So now you put your butt in gear and check the site above the chart.
There is a code Ref. to busway's ( or the Questions states busbare?). Now it would be nice if someone that read's this understand's Maybe you should use spell check and make some effort on your own.
the different's.

Google has everything to do with the state exam when you do not know the answer:rant:

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Wow. If you think you have questions now, wait till you pass and start doing jobs on your own. You will find out how much you don't know rather quickly. Where will you get the answers then? You submitted a simple question without any detail, and received a simple answer. If you want a detailed answer, submit a detailed question, politely...

By the way, 1381

Flight987

You are wrong

You are wrong

Wow. If you think you have questions now, wait till you pass and start doing jobs on your own. You will find out how much you don't know rather quickly. Where will you get the answers then? You submitted a simple question without any detail, and received a simple answer. If you want a detailed answer, submit a detailed question, politely...

By the way, 1381

the answer from key test is 1050 amp's

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Take a look in Article 366. Are you sure you typed the answer correctly, because 1050 is not the correct answer.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician

Well I am truly sorry. I went from the chart posted. I will tell you what, I know exactly in the NEC where the 1050 came from. I have calculated it from the words written in the 2008 NEC. I know the page number, the code article, and am reading it right now as I type this. It even gives the ampacity in amperes per mm. I was wrong, your test key was right. It was in article ***.**

Flight987

You are wrong

You are wrong

By the way, 1381

Flight987

So all of this stuff

So all of this stuff

So all of this stuff we just went through, and nowone has the formla, for a state exam test Ques. that asked!

What is the ampacity of a 6-inch by 1/4-inch aluminum bus bar?

Somone has to have the answer!

The answer key is! 1980 VA Reference: 220.14
This is a Minnesota state exam!

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
I missed the aluminum part so that is the correct answer. Did you try looking in the Article I listed in my previous post.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
So all of this stuff we just went through, and nowone has the formla, for a state exam test Ques. that asked!

I'm sorry, but what does 1980 VA have to do with the ampacity of aluminum bus bar?

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician

That is wrong, I don't care what the rest of your key states. I will again tell you that I was wrong by looking at the chart, but the correct answer can be found in article ***.**

Status
Not open for further replies.