Which code cycle applies

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
IF there had been actual existing wiring (there wasn't) the AHJ told me he would have inspected to 1958 codes since thats when the permit was pulled and not closed.

And if there was something there that was installed in 1980??

Would he bring a copy of whatever code was in effect in 1958 to make sure he was getting things right?

Sounds like there was wiring there and it probably did not even comply with 1958 codes, so would you have been allowed to make changes to meet 1958 codes?

I think the fact that a 1958 permit was never closed is the main issue. The owners concern should be why is this now a problem instead of in 1958 and the next few years after that? If it were mine and they wanted to make an issue over COA or something like that then I would be forced to counter that with wanting my property taxes back since I was supposably not allowed to use the place. Is it my fault they did not close out the permit? If it was then there should have been some legal action taken by the AHJ years ago to resolve the issue. The AHJ is just as negligent or even more so than the owner in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.