Thread: Circuits from different panels in same raceway

Circuits from different panels in same raceway

Have a situation where a floorbox has (3) receptacles and (2) are fed from one panel and the other is fed from another panel. Is it code to put these conductors in the same raceway? Thanks.

As long as one is not an emergency circuit, yes.
    At my age, I'm accustomed to restaurants asking me to pay in advance, but now my bank has started sending me their calendar one month at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by augie47 View Post
    As long as one is not an emergency circuit, yes.
    Thanks Augie.

So let me ask this....if you had a floorbox with (2) IG receptacles and (1) regular receptacle how many wire would this be? Would each IG have to get 1H+1N+1G+1IG? So that would be (8) wires for the IG's? Thanks.

Too many variables ......
    You should not need but one "standard" grounding means for the assembly, and that could be any 250.118 method including a raceway.
    If a separate IG is needed for each IG receptacle is a design issue not necessarily a Code issue.
    At my age, I'm accustomed to restaurants asking me to pay in advance, but now my bank has started sending me their calendar one month at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by augie47 View Post
    Too many variables ......
    You should not need but one "standard" grounding means for the assembly, and that could be any 250.118 method including a raceway.
    If a separate IG is needed for each IG receptacle is a design issue not necessarily a Code issue.
    Yes it's a design thingy......so according to the design are those counts correct? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    Yes it's a design thingy......so according to the design are those counts correct? Thanks
    For derating you only count the current carrying conductors. For pipe fill you count every conductor in the pipe.
    If Billy Idol or John Denver is on your Ipod go and re-evaluate your life.

Also keep in mind that you can't hare any neutrals between circuits that are fed from different panels and neutrals have to connect in the same panel where the circuit originates.