Restaurant ELECTRICAL REQUIRMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

templdl

Is this an actual opportunity as a contractor of a test question as it's a very open ended question?
It's a bit strange that you would be the one who is determining what equipment the restaurant owner should have.
Just go to a manufacturer's catalog and start there. After you establish a list of the equipment that you think a restaurant should have then target the electrical requirements of each of those items.

It is common for a designer of some type to draw up a set of plans which specifies the electrical equipment that the restaurant will require. Then from those specification you could determine the electrical requirements if those aren't already included in the specifications. It depends upon the magnitude of the job at that point.

Last edited:

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I agree. This question has no answer. You need to get the equipment list from the owner, or from the kitchen planner that the owner has hired.

And by the way, please turn off the ALL CAPS feature. It makes the post harder to read, and is considered impolite.

renosteinke

I've done my part in building a few restaurants, and this is where the "5P Rule" applies:

Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance.

You need to know EXACTLY what equipment the restaurant will have, and WHERE it will sit. You can assume that some stuff will have to be tied into the Ansul fire suppression system. There will likely be a timer for the outside signs and lights. Coolers and ice machines may have special requirements.

It's also safe to assume that there will be dimmers for the lighting.

Apart from the NEC, the fire marshal and the health department will have their requirements. Clean-up, Path of egress, and testing the emergency lighting are all issues to pay attention to.

Engr.Mohamed

I've done my part in building a few restaurants, and this is where the "5P Rule" applies:

Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance.

You need to know EXACTLY what equipment the restaurant will have, and WHERE it will sit. You can assume that some stuff will have to be tied into the Ansul fire suppression system. There will likely be a timer for the outside signs and lights. Coolers and ice machines may have special requirements.

It's also safe to assume that there will be dimmers for the lighting.

Apart from the NEC, the fire marshal and the health department will have their requirements. Clean-up, Path of egress, and testing the emergency lighting are all issues to pay attention to.

thanks friend for your polite and respectful reply . i will ask the owner about the equipment that he will use and the location.

Status
Not open for further replies.