National Electrical Estimator Labor Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palmbay

I have been revising my labor units for our estimating, and have noticed differences in our current labor units with the craftsman ones.

Have you used these labor units, and has your experience with them been positive or negative?

What type of work do you typically use these units for, resi, com or ind?

Thanks

sd4524

Pages 5-9 of my National Electric estimator are "how to use this book." Page 6 has a few paragraphs under the title "All Tables Assume "good" conditions" It basically describes the ideal jobsite:
1. usual working hours
2.relatively clean surroundings
3. not over 12 feet off the floor
4. 50- 85 degrees f
5. 8 hour days, 5 days a week
6. all tools and materials are available when needed
7. tools are in good working order
8. proper supervision (you need to add for non productive supervision)

I have never used it for estimating cause I don't do these types of jobs. I just wanted to read it.

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
What about neca rates? What resources besides historical are good for labor unit estimating?

A cross section of an estimating program, Means, NECA, experience. I used Accubid, and then Means and NECA, to fill in the gaps for a long time. Accubid is fairly good for the stuff that it has, but it lacks in areas that are less electrical, such as trenching, concrete poles etc. I am using Vision Infosoft right now, and its flaws are more pronounced, but it is much better at many of those areas. That is when I go to Means.

Palmbay

I am using vision, and have not been competative for a few years using it. I like the way ican access information, but the labor rates are not working, and not realistic all the time. I am in the process of restructuring, inventory, puchasing, and job tracking, and i am creating a custome data base for the materials we use specifice to manufacturer and part number. With this comes establishing labor unitsto apply to thes parts. I will be looking over this to verify units, but i am using clerical staff to get the bulk of the data into the system. This is why i am looking for labor unit references, and feed back as to what works and the applications they work for. Resi, commecial, industrial. Labor factors are another animal, i will jump that hurdle after this one is cleared....

Labor rate references:
NECA
Means
Craftsman
Historical

If im missing one, let me know. Connect the dots to the type of work these references labor units match please.

Status
Not open for further replies.