4 plex 4 lamp light fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LBwIReman2

270 LaVerne Light 1.jpg
I've got an interesting one. It's a 4 plex in belmont shore with 4 individually controlled lamps, by 4 SPST switches (one in each unit). It's completely deteriorated and I need to find a replacement. I tried lamps plus (local lighting store) and they dont have anything to replace it with. I had thought to repair it with new wiring and sockets, but the assembly is so corroded that it would probably fall apart/break upon disassembly. Help...?

TNBaer

You know, whenever I needed something weird I called Vision Lighting in DC. They are manufacturers and distributors and kind of just old skool. I remember going there when I worked in distribution and their basement was a vast array of graveyard components and light fixtures dated back to Grant's presidency.

http://www.vlfixtures.com/

John120/240

View attachment 6756
I've got an interesting one. It's a 4 plex in belmont shore with 4 individually controlled lamps, by 4 SPST switches (one in each unit). It's completely deteriorated and I need to find a replacement. I tried lamps plus (local lighting store) and they dont have anything to replace it with. I had thought to repair it with new wiring and sockets, but the assembly is so corroded that it would probably fall apart/break upon disassembly. Help...?

I am going to guess that is a round flood light base with 4 lampholders jerryrigged to make

it work.

Gac66610

what about an outdoor 4 lamp fixture and disconnect the wires that are pig-tailed together, wouldn't that give the same result?
would it require a warning label saying there is more than one supplied power?

John120/240

View attachment 6756

With a seperate switch in each unit, Did they run a seperate 14-2 for each lamp ? If not I

would expect to see neutral problems. Do you know the duation of on time for any one lamp ?

Status
Not open for further replies.