Electricians Handbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

jusme123

Occupation
JW
Is it just me or does it seem this book seems antiquated, and in dire need of updating with recent photos, materials used, VFD, etc....?

renosteinke

While the older artwork may be charming, and several things discussed have gone out of favor, the information within the American Electricians' Handbook is solid gold.

I will admit that it requires a High School level of literacy to read .... something that we rarely see these days, where even the New York Times is written at a seventh-grade level.

Maybe, if folks actually had a trade education that went beyond the latest 'code' seminar, we wouldn't be facing so many absurd code disputes and basic misunderstandings. For example, a recent discussion regarding the spacing of ground rods showed a complete ignorance of the data within the AEH .... just what do folks think was the basis of the NEC rule? :( Likewise, the AFCI discussion has recently focused on the contradiction between the laws of Physics and the claims of the manufacturers.

If they're going to make any changes to the AEH, I suggest not 'revising' it every code cycle ... and larger type for my old eyes :)

iwire

Staff member
Is it just me or does it seem this book seems antiquated, and in dire need of updating with recent photos, materials used, VFD, etc....?

It is updated many times, I think the current edition is the 15th.

I personally like that they seem to only add to it, not remove things from it.

Sometimes it is good to know how it used to be done when working with olde installations.

guschash

I agree I like it the way it is. I like looking through it, it has alot of information in it. I like learning and seeing how somethings were done in the past and why. It helps understanding why things are the way they done today.

Status
Not open for further replies.