Ground sleeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimej4

A 1" by 4" length RMC sleeve is installed in wall for a 4/0 ground to run through it.
Where in the code do I find how to size the bonding conductor for the sleeve?

Thanks

RUWired

A 1" by 4" length RMC sleeve is installed in wall for a 4/0 ground to run through it.
Where in the code do I find how to size the bonding conductor for the sleeve?

Thanks
If this sleeve is for the grounding electrode conductor, the bonding jumper would be the same size as the GEC per article 250.64(E).

E) Enclosures for Grounding Electrode Conductors. Ferrous metal enclosures for grounding electrode conductors shall be electrically continuous from the point of attachment to cabinets or equipment to the grounding electrode and shall be securely fastened to the ground clamp or fitting. Nonferrous metal enclosures shall not be required to be electrically continuous. Ferrous metal enclosures that are not physically continuous from cabinets or equipment to the grounding electrode shall be made electrically continuous by bonding each end of the raceway or enclosure to the grounding electrode conductor. Bonding shall apply at each end and to all intervening ferrous raceways, boxes, and enclosures between the cabinets or equipment and the grounding electrode. The bonding jumper for a grounding electrode conductor raceway or cable armor shall be the same size as, or larger than, the enclosed grounding electrode conductor. Where a raceway is used as protection for a grounding electrode conductor, the installation shall comply with the requirements of the appropriate raceway article.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Thats why when possible, I use pvc for the sleeve, instead of metal. A small bond bushing with a large conductor on it looks kinda funky, let alone hard to manage.

paul

I prefer these for your application.

H100.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.