GEC FOR TWO SERVICES

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSXR600

Hello,
I have a building that has (2) services (1) 120/240 and 240 volt delta. I was failed by the electrical inspector because I did not have (2) grounding electrodes installed into each enclosure? I installed a separate isolated ground bar in the electric room and I ran a GEC from the water pipe to a ground bar and I also ran a GEC to the ground rods to the ground bar and I also ran a grounding electrode conductor from the buidling steel the this ground bar.. Then I ran separate GEC to each service enclosure and termiated on the grounding bars. What is the violation here??

normbac

2 gec is not to much to Ask Were you able to prove the water was compliant as an electrode. I dont see how the building steel complies. Did you install two rods per service?

Last edited:

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
2 gec is not to much to Were you able to prove the water was compliant as an electrode. I dont see how the building steel complies. Did you install two rods per service?

From the OP how would you know if the building steel was a compliant electrode or not?

GSXR600

THe building is existing. I do not know if the building steel or the water is an accuall GEC, that is not is question? I did drive (2) ground rods.

normbac

Is he wanting you to tie together the gec from each panel? Instead of individual gec to each rod from panelS

Last edited:

GSXR600

he wanted me to run continuous GEC from the Main water to the service enclosure and from the rods. he just wants the building steel bonded to the water GEC? What is the violation on my installation?

GSXR600

Also i did not install (2) rods per service. Just (2) rods total. Nothing would require (2) rods per service that i would recall?

normbac

I guess I am not understanding the question you stated you were failed for not having two electrodes to each enclosure so I was just pointing out that building steel or water does not necesarily qualify

Status
Not open for further replies.