Generator Install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccayry

I have a meterbase located on the side of the home. There is a 225A outdoor loadcenter located about 8" to the left of the meter. I am installing a 200A Transfer switch to the left of the loadcenter. Will I need to replace the 225A Main with a 200A main even though the transfer switch has a 200A main?

templdl

I have a meterbase located on the side of the home. There is a 225A outdoor loadcenter located about 8" to the left of the meter. I am installing a 200A Transfer switch to the left of the loadcenter. Will I need to replace the 225A Main with a 200A main even though the transfer switch has a 200A main?

So you have a 225A SE load center is that correct? Where do you plan install the transformer switch then, ahead to the SE panel or after it?
It is a guess that you want to feed the SE load center.
Why don't you take an 8-1/2x11 piece of paper and draw schematic of your idea as to what you would like to do, scan it and attach a copy to your post.
It almost seems as though you want the ATS to be the SE due to the size of it

stevebea

No need to change out the 225 if you are using a SE rated transfer switch ahead of the loadcenter as you are fusing your feeder conductors at 200 amp.

mccayry

No need to change out the 225 if you are using a SE rated transfer switch ahead of the loadcenter as you are fusing your feeder conductors at 200 amp.

Yes the transfer switch is service rated. Thanks for the info. Sometimes you just need a little reassuring.

Status
Not open for further replies.