Commercial Laundromat Receptacles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Npstewart

Hello Everyone,

Working on a laundromat. The washers are in the middle of the floor back to back and in between them is a 2' alley way with a trench drain for the washers to drain into. I was thinking of mounting the receptacles on the floor (not flush on the floor, sticking up vetically). Should these be GFCI? I was worried about these washers tripping the GFCI. Maybe I should just show "in use covers"?

Npstewart

What I meant was that the receptacles would be sticking out of the ground vertically, not flush with the ground facing up. Not sure if there is a word for that.

iwire

Staff member
I think you will find that they build a structure behind the machines to secure the plumbing too. I would plan on using that to run the power on and keep the receptacles up as high as possible to keep them out of the lint that will accumulate down low.

No need of GFCIs or in use covers. If you do go with GFCIs the code now requires them to be accessible so down low behind the machines would be out in my opinion.

jumper

I think you will find that they build a structure behind the machines to secure the plumbing too. I would plan on using that to run the power on and keep the receptacles up as high as possible to keep them out of the lint that will accumulate down low.

No need of GFCIs or in use covers. If you do go with GFCIs the code now requires them to be accessible so down low behind the machines would be out in my opinion.

Yep, I agree. That is what I would do.

(Ah, phooey, I made my 5000th post by agreeing with a darn Yankee, noooo! :D)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.