Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do I really need a 20-amp circuit for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
    Why would the light be considered continuous. The motor can be considered continuous but the 125% on the heat should cover that. NO?
    My kids had definitely left the bath lights on for more than 3 hours -- even though the unit falls under article 424 which appears to define it as a continuous load there is no auto controlled to turn the d------m thing off -- back to "no controllable events or personel"

20 amp circuit all day long -- cowboy up with the makeup part
    CircuitRyder --- Unfortunately not all good ideas are code enforceable.

All in favor of a 20a circuit say 'aye.'

Agree in just following the instructions on a 20 A circuit but just a side note. Most of those units have wiring compartments which are too small for conveniently folding 12 AWG back into especially if you use 12/4 to switch all three components. Even if you only switch two and use 12/3 it is not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by trojans4 View Post
    Agree in just following the instructions on a 20 A circuit but just a side note. Most of those units have wiring compartments which are too small for conveniently folding 12 AWG back into especially if you use 12/4 to switch all three components. Even if you only switch two and use 12/3 it is not easy.
    Yep, nobody ever told me this profession was going to be convenient or easy.
    Mike, Dutchess County, N.Y.

Quote Originally Posted by trojans4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    Yep, nobody ever told me this profession was going to be convenient or easy.
    Yes it can be frustrating the first few times you wire something unfamiliar. With experience you will learn just how long to cut your wires. Long enough to attach the fixture wire, but not so long as to prohibit getting your wires in the box. Next time, try to pre fold your #12's before you attach the fixture leads.
    Electricity is Color Blind
    Leave the shirt pocket rules in your pocket.