hours down

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidtite

i recently moved to nj ive been working for an electrical company for about a year .If i move back to ct how do i make shure my hours are accounted for. even if i dont move how do you make shure you get credit for the time you put in?

jumper

i recently moved to nj ive been working for an electrical company for about a year .If i move back to ct how do i make shure my hours are accounted for. even if i dont move how do you make shure you get credit for the time you put in?

You need to look up the licensing board for each state and see what they want.

For example for the NJ JW license seems to require that a contractor or such sign and attach his/her seal to your application.

http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/electric/journeyman.pdf

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector

My suggestion is to save everything, especially pay stubs, that could possibly be used in front of a licensing board as evidence of experience in the event of people dying, being uncooperative, going out of business, etc. I know people that have had issues like this and every bit of documentation is important. Never rely on other people being there for you years later.

jumper

My suggestion is to save everything, especially pay stubs, that could possibly be used in front of a licensing board as evidence of experience in the event of people dying, being uncooperative, going out of business, etc. I know people that have had issues like this and every bit of documentation is important. Never rely on other people being there for you years later.

Pay stubs are probably worthless, you could be the janitor. I got letters from every place I worked before I left.

Statements from Master electricians are the only evidence AFAIK.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
In Michigan work outside the state cannot be used as documented work experience, unless working for a Michigan licensed contractor and under the direct supervision of a Michigan licensed journeyman.

Are you sure that is not the case for your state?

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Pay stubs are probably worthless, you could be the janitor. I got letters from every place I worked before I left.

Statements from Master electricians are the only evidence AFAIK.

And your letters may be worthless too. Depends on the state and circumstances. For example, many states will only accept experience documented on their own form. My point is if you are stuck due to a death, out of business, etc and can't get the states own form executed, that usually means a trip in front of the board to plead your case and every bit of documentation helps make your case.

jumper

And your letters may be worthless too. Depends on the state and circumstances. For example, many states will only accept experience documented on their own form. My point is if you are stuck due to a death, out of business, etc and can't get the states own form executed, that usually means a trip in front of the board to plead your case and every bit of documentation helps make your case.

True.

liquidtite

unfortunitly we are a small crue with only 5 guys i get paid bye a company check and their are no paystubs..I do plan on moving back to ct in a few years

Ken9876

Here is what I did. I obtained the licensing packet from NJ, in your case CT. I would always give my employer notice that I was leaving, ask that they fill out the work experience letter, and leave on good terms. The letter was always filled out as requested and when it came time to apply for the license I had all my paper work in order.

liquidtite

Here is what I did. I obtained the licensing packet from NJ, in your case CT. I would always give my employer notice that I was leaving, ask that they fill out the work experience letter, and leave on good terms. The letter was always filled out as requested and when it came time to apply for the license I had all my paper work in order.
good idea thats what ill do I really need the hours to count when I move bc I plan on taking the ct e2 or if I have enough hours by then the masters. this is crutial in order to provide for my family

stickboy1375

good idea thats what ill do I really need the hours to count when I move bc I plan on taking the ct e2 or if I have enough hours by then the masters. this is crutial in order to provide for my family

You need 8000 hours to obtain an E2 license in CT, and i'm pretty sure you have to carry an E2 for two years before you can take the E1 test... best of luck to you...

Status
Not open for further replies.