Thread: how to shed a 100 amp panel

how to shed a 100 amp panel

how would you shed a 100 amp sub-panel feed panel from a generac transfer switch
    the load shed modules are 50 amp max I believe

generator and service rated switch are existing
    there are existing load shed modules for the range and dryer to get the demand just under the 17kw generator output

we are adding the sub-panel for a basement workshop that does not need to be on the gen

Quote Originally Posted by boltneck View Post
    how would you shed a 100 amp sub-panel feed panel from a generac transfer switch
    the load shed modules are 50 amp max I believe

generator and service rated switch are existing
    there are existing load shed modules for the range and dryer to get the demand just under the 17kw generator output

we are adding the sub-panel for a basement workshop that does not need to be on the gen
    You could always use a small load module to drive a contactor. Since the contactor will not be a transfer switch nor on the service side of main disconnect, there should not be any odd requirements.

Don't have enough details to tell you specifically how, but find a way to connect said panel ahead of the transfer switch.

Is there a means to place a 100A disconnect next to the meter base and feed it off the load side before it enters the transfer switch?

Quote Originally Posted by nizak View Post
    Is there a means to place a 100A disconnect next to the meter base and feed it off the load side before it enters the transfer switch?
    I think you meant feed from the normal (utility) side.

Unfortunately I have never seen a Generac transfer switch with lugs rated for two conductors, maybe tap slices would work?
    Wayne A. From: N.W.Indiana
    Be Fair, Be Safe
    Just don't be fairly safe