Thread: NEC 2014 -- Dimmer Control Receptacle (406.15)

NEC 2014 -- Dimmer Control Receptacle (406.15)

A manufacturer ( want to say Leviton )has a duplex receptacle with a protruding nub between the slots of the receptacle which will prohibit a regular plug from being plugged into it. And has a mating cord cap that can be installed on your lamp cord.

Quote Originally Posted by mopowr steve View Post
    A manufacturer ( want to say Leviton )has a duplex receptacle with a protruding nub between the slots of the receptacle which will prohibit a regular plug from being plugged into it. And has a mating cord cap that can be installed on your lamp cord.
    I will say Lutron instead. Here is a PDF about it: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ry/048085b.pdf

It looks like the special attachment cap will also fit into a standard receptacle. Nice design.
    Last edited by GoldDigger; 04-25-14 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldDigger View Post
    I will say Lutron instead. Here is a PDF about it: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ry/048085b.pdf

It looks like the special attachment cap will also fit into a standard receptacle. Nice design.
    Yes, Lutron is the only one I have ever seen and its been around for a good number of years and I think it is a great idea. Interestingly, I took a look at the instructions for one awhile back and discovered it is only listed to be used with "specific Lutron dimmers".
    To me, this is a good example of some of the craziness of some of the listing processes. I can just see an inspector rejecting this because you used a Leviton dimmer. This kind of stuff is just nuts.

How about "specific Lutron dimmers and everyone else's"?

Tapatalk!