Generac 17KW Install Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

New to installing home standby generators and was wondering what is the standard price for installing a 17KW Generac with the 16 circuit EZ transfer switch? No concrete pad just gravel under generator. Not including gas connection. Just wondering if I'm cutting myself short, since after every estimate I've gotten the job. Thanks

John120/240

About the Generac install I have no idea. If you are getting every job you bid, then by all means

an upward raise in your rates is advisable. How much to raise that is the question.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Guys,

New to installing home standby generators and was wondering what is the standard price for installing a 17KW Generac with the 16 circuit EZ transfer switch? No concrete pad just gravel under generator. Not including gas connection. Just wondering if I'm cutting myself short, since after every estimate I've gotten the job. Thanks

Are you making a good buck off the install? It may be that the customers feel comfortable with you and are not going elsewhere for bids, or even are accepting a higher bid from you because they trust you.

but I am inclined to agree with the poster who suggested your prices are too low if you get every job, unless "every" job is a total of five. that could just be random chance or luck.

A lot depends on how the customer is being referred to you. if the referral is coming from the place the customer bought the generator from, there may be very little issue on the price side. if they are people calling three electricians for quotes, you probably are too cheap, although it could be that the other electricians they are calling just do not want that kind of work and quoted them a very high price.

My suggestion is next one you do, talk to the customer a little and see if you can get them to tell you how they came to select you. It may well give you some inspiration on getting additional work.

Status
Not open for further replies.