customer pest after completed contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
have a gruelling customer after me about changing bulbs and adding lights here and there. is there a legal standard form to put a stop to the maintainance of this womans house. she paid in full already

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Yeh there is a legal time limit. Other than warrenty work you need to charge.

Why doing work for free outside your contract.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
. Why doing work for free outside your contract.

People expect you to work for free because you have done work for them.

I had one customer that asked: "is there a 6 or 3 months grace period after the panel upgrade"
ME: What do you mean?
Customer: You can change fixtures and switches?
ME: Well, there is no grace period. When ever you are ready i can change them for you. But of course there is a charge.
Customer: OHH. I thought there was a grace period with this panel upgrade.
ME: Seriously, you thought i will change fixtures and switches for free?

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
have a gruelling customer after me about changing bulbs and adding lights here and there. is there a legal standard form to put a stop to the maintainance of this womans house. she paid in full already

This may be a silly question, but does she really expect you to do this work for free?
Maybe she understands that there will be an extra charge but likes your work.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
I really don't understand your question. If there was something wrong with the work you had done and been paid for, yes, you should take care of it but even that should end after a certain amount of time, say 90 days or 6 months. From what you are saying this sounds like additional or extra work and the customer is taking advantage of you because you can't say no. So if you don't want to do this work tell her no. Otherwise next time she calls give her an estimate and make it clear that you expect to be paid. What she paid you doesn't make you her indentured servent. :happysad:

-Hal

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
People expect you to work for free because you have done work for them.

I had one customer that asked: "is there a 6 or 3 months grace period after the panel upgrade"
ME: What do you mean?
Customer: You can change fixtures and switches?
ME: Well, there is no grace period. When ever you are ready i can change them for you. But of course there is a charge.
Customer: OHH. I thought there was a grace period with this panel upgrade.
ME: Seriously, you thought i will change fixtures and switches for free?

"grace period"?

she needs to pray harder if she want's that much grace.

btharmy

I have noticed alot of guys out there are so intent on finishing one job and moving on to the next, they never care to expand the work where they are now. It is cheaper to do more work for a current customer than try to find a new one. If she has already paid for the original contract work, you don't have to worry about if she pays or not. I call that another satisfied repeat customer. Just find out what she wants, price it, do the work, collect payment & take it to the bank.

Rewire

We specifically exclude light bulbs from our warranty. Of course nothing is written in stone and we alwats strive to provide the best in customer service and no mater how strange the request we will always treat our customers with respect and answer their questions in a professional manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.