Utah amendments to the national electrical code 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockedby277v

I am looking for a link for the amendments made to the NEC in Utah. I been searching and coming up dry. Anyone know where I can find this or put up a link. I searched the utah site.

Thanks

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I am looking for a link for the amendments made to the NEC in Utah. I been searching and coming up dry. Anyone know where I can find this or put up a link. I searched the utah site.

Thanks

Raider1, one of the mods here is from Utah. Maybe he will chime in or send him a PM.

Prox

All I could find. Good Luck!

Section 206. Statewide Amendments to the NEC.
The following are adopted as amendments to the NEC to be applicable statewide:
(1) During the period of time when the adopted IRC has not yet incorporated the latest
residential electrical provisions contained in the adopted NEC, the IRC provisions shall
prevail as the adopted residential electrical standards applicable to installations applicable
under the IRC. All other installations shall comply with the adopted NEC.
(2) In NEC, Section 310.15(B)(6), the second sentence is deleted and replaced with
the following: "For application of this section, the main power feeder shall be the feeder(s)
between the main disconnect and the panelboard(s)."
(3) In NEC, Section 338.10(B)(4)(a), the following words are added at the end of the
first sentence after Section 334: "excluding Section 334.80."

raider1

Staff member
Utah just adopted the 2011 NEC in July of this year. The NEC is the code used for everything but single family dwellings regulated under the IRC (Those are still based on the 2008 NEC with 1 State amendment).

There are no current State Amendments to the 2011 NEC.

The 2009 IRC was amended so that the AFCI protection is only required in bedrooms.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.