Residential wall heater in bathroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizak

Is GFCI protection required for a wall mount electric heater that would be installed directly adjacent to the entry of a walk in shower? I know that heated floor tile mats require it, but can't find anything regarding an install like this. Possibly the Mfgr. could require it? Thanks.

cal1947

cal1947

cal1947

Is GFCI protection required for a wall mount electric heater that would be installed directly adjacent to the entry of a walk in shower? I know that heated floor tile mats require it, but can't find anything regarding an install like this. Possibly the Mfgr. could require it? Thanks.
i don't think it's a requirement , but was does the specs say.

nizak

Don't have the specs, HO is purchasing the unit. Trying to put together a price, the $100.00 GFI breaker is my unknown at this point. I have the cost determined for the wiring and unit install.

kwired

Electron manager
GFCI is not required, unless manufacturer requires it. I think same can be said for the floor heating you mentioned - but all of those I have seen do require GFCI - but is generally provided as part of the controller so you still do not need additional GFCI devices.

One thing to consider with a residential wall heater - since this is a bathroom it does not apply but if it were a 120 volt heater and in any room mentioned in 210.12(A) it would require AFCI protection. If it were a 240 volt heater it would not require AFCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.