Other forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
electricianstalk.com, thebuildingcodeforum.com and a quiet forum in the middle east more oriented to the engineering aspect-zone4info.com

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Arboristsite.com and Treeworld.info for my other passion, tree climbing and arborist work.
Inspectionnews.net and Nachi.org for inspection stuff.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
inspectionnews.net (HI), et like Dennis. I went to the building code forum Dennis mentioned to see what I was missing, clicked on a thread, 2nd poster on thread mentioned et & mh forums so I guess I've been at the right places already.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
This one 98 per cent of the time. ET sometimes. Here at MH there is very little bickering,

name calling & a whole lot less BS. Keep up the good work moderators.

In the past i had tried Electrician Talk and didn't go back. Very, very unprofessional :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:. I would rather stay with you guys. :happyyes:

But will try the other sites mentioned.

Thanks.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
In the past i had tried Electrician Talk and didn't go back. Very, very unprofessional :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:. I would rather stay with you guys. :happyyes:

Thanks.

Et has gotten better since the troublemakers have left but it definitely is not a MH. I moderate there also-- got gray hair from that job.

chris1971

Thanks.

I agree. Here you get answer without all the BS.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I lurk over at ET on ocassion, haven't in at least six months. Like others said, too much of what is left lying in the field after a male bovine's digestive track has run its course.

I drop in and post at a couple of DIY sites- terrylove.com and jlconline.com. I remodelled my own house and got some good info on plumbing, boilers, and building materials, so I think it only fair to answer a question about electrical now and then.

My favourite and the best- this one.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Which other forums do you belong to?

ET for a bit, but my BS filter kept clogging, and had to be cleaned with
a toothbrush. learned how the ignore feature in the software works,
but putting 5 select individuals on ignore removed over half of the posts.

seemed pointless to to log on and only read people responding to trolls. :dunce:

for the funny bone, i like fark.com and the onion.

renosteinke

What's that saying about all work and no play?

I like talk radio, and one guy has a chat room ... more or less a political site. Usually a pretty decent, older crowd there.

I frequent a 'country lifestyle' forum.

There's a general home improvement magazine I have an ongoing blog in.

There's an 'alternative lifestyles' chat I sometimes visit ... but, alas, the current regulars whine more than I care for. It's Harley what I enjoy.

Electricians' Talk and The Electrical Contractors' Network are good trade-related forums. ECN has a decent chat room, when someone's there.

Inspection News ... I stopped going there when I got bored. Apart from the political chat- where trolls often stop by - IN is home to the only person I've ever felt the need to ignore. All those Sherlocks with their digital magnifying glasses - and not a clue what they're looking at. I can forgive much, but boredom isn't on that list.

There are a variety of other trades' forums I visit. After all, who among us has not patched & painted? Or been on an air-conditioning related call?

"InspectPA" I have found to be a fairly decent, if a bit stuffy, building codes forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.