Copper bline The Rapid Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

panhandle444

Copper has a pre-fab product called The Rapid Ring? self-adjusting pre-fab plaster ring.

The device plugs in and comes with a plate preinstalled on the device. Plug in and push the device in flush to the wall.

Has anyone used this product?
Is it worth the price?

Attachments

• RapidRing_Main_P1.jpg
    RapidRing_Main_P1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 0

kwired

Electron manager
Copper has a pre-fab product called The Rapid Ring? self-adjusting pre-fab plaster ring.

The device plugs in and comes with a plate preinstalled on the device. Plug in and push the device in flush to the wall.

Has anyone used this product?
Is it worth the price?

How about Cooper B-Line?;)

Have no idea of any specifics on the product, just had to reply to a title that did catch my attention thinking "what the heck does copper bline mean?"

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Kinda looks like the crap they use in mobile homes

But the real problem I see with it is that it is ground up. Isn't that a violation? ....just kidding, I know we're not supposed to go there.
Kidding aside, it looks like an another idea that is not ready for prime time. Reminds of the other one a while back- wasn't it Cheetah or something like that?

Last edited:

fmtjfw

it looks like it could save on labor I would first want to see how it connected to the wires in the wall.

Device is pre-wired to a proprietary connector. You wire the connector into the wiring at rough in, cover it up with a special metal plate, then send a chimp around at finish, pops the metal plate with finger, plugs into proprietary connector and shoves the box with device into the hole. Rinse, repeat.

kwired

Electron manager
Device is pre-wired to a proprietary connector. You wire the connector into the wiring at rough in, cover it up with a special metal plate, then send a chimp around at finish, pops the metal plate with finger, plugs into proprietary connector and shoves the box with device into the hole. Rinse, repeat.

Hopefully there is different connector for different device types, otherwise the "chimp" may have wrong voltage, amperage, or even a switch where a receptacle should be. :eek:

fmtjfw

Hopefully there is different connector for different device types, otherwise the "chimp" may have wrong voltage, amperage, or even a switch where a receptacle should be. :eek:

The worst thing is keeping the chimp interested enough to keep from falling asleep! It helps to give them a lobotomy first.:p

fmtjfw

The worst thing is keeping the chimp interested enough to keep from falling asleep! It helps to give them a lobotomy first.:p

There is an inherent problem in using chimps. Years ago they wanted to do testing for motorcycle accidents. They trained chimps to run ok, but they refused to run into trees with the bike.:happyyes:

Do you know why they put chin straps on motorcycle helmets? It acts as a handle when you are carrying the head out of the woods.:huh:

I'll stop now, probably not soon enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.