CT Cabinet EGC

Status
Not open for further replies.

A/A Fuel GTX

Occupation
Electrician
Paralleled 3/0 service entrance conductors feeding a 400A service disconnect from a CT cabinet. Can I size the EGC to the CT cabinet from 250.122 either of these two ways:

1. One #3 CU with bond bushing through one of the paralleled conduits to the CT cabinet.

2. Two #6 CU, one in each conduit with two bond bushings to the CT cabinet.

EGC's landed to mechanical lugs bolted to the CT cabinet enclosure.

iwire

Staff member
Paralleled 3/0 service entrance conductors feeding a 400A service disconnect from a CT cabinet. Can I size the EGC to the CT cabinet from 250.122 either of these two ways:

1. One #3 CU with bond bushing through one of the paralleled conduits to the CT cabinet.

2. Two #6 CU, one in each conduit with two bond bushings to the CT cabinet.

EGC's landed to mechanical lugs bolted to the CT cabinet enclosure.

No not 250.122, use 250.66 but all you need to do is bond the grounded conductor to the can as it passes through.

A/A Fuel GTX

Occupation
Electrician
No not 250.122, use 250.66 but all you need to do is bond the grounded conductor to the can as it passes through.

As in a lay in lug with the one of the grounded conductors landed or a bonding jumper from the neutral bar in the cabinet to the cabinet itself? Wouldn't I still need bond bushings on the nipples containing the paralleled conductors if a ferrous raceway was used?

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
As in a lay in lug with the one of the grounded conductors landed or a bonding jumper from the neutral bar in the cabinet to the cabinet itself? Wouldn't I still need bond bushings on the nipples containing the paralleled conductors if a ferrous raceway was used?

Yes, you must bond the can as well as one end of each of the service raceways.

Status
Not open for further replies.