T8 lights in MCC Rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

templdl

Lol that is important. I'm talking about the wattage and brightness

My guess is that you would have to research the building code itself for the candle power that would be required to light that area. which really doesn't reflect what the wattage is because of the different light sources that can be used.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
Are you sure?

Does it say so in the specs? :D

Not really, but they do have to be wired with #10 and in 3/4 conduit so that alone should insure that they will work.
Of course a qualified individual licensed in all 50 states is required to install said lights.....

kaichosan

Since you're in CA, follow Title 24 which is 0.7 W/SF. for electrical/mechanical rooms; get the allowed watts for the working area; get the number of fixtures and arrange them per your equipment layout... for MCC's usually in front where access/task work is needed.

broadgage

And it would be good practice to spread the lights over a minimum of two branch circuits, even if a single circuit is ample for the load. AFAIK this is not a requirement but it is good practice to facilitate maintenance.

JoeStillman

I like to use a 2-lamp, 4' industrial reflector fixture with 10-15% uplight and chain hangers. A wire guard is a nice touch. Turret sockets are a lot less frustrating than the old shove-twist lampholders, especially if you go with chain hangers. 0.7W/ft2 will give you a pretty good lighting level with those.

Status
Not open for further replies.