Soffit receptacle/GFI

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizak

Do 120V recptacles that are placed in soffits(10' height) need to be GFCI protected? Do not have my code book with me, that's why I'm asking and not looking it up. Thanks.

480sparky

(A) Dwelling Units. All 125-volt, single-phase, 15- and 20-ampere receptacles installed in the locations specified in 210.8(A)(1) through (8) shall have ground-fault circuit interrupter protection for personnel.
(3) Outdoors
Exception to (3): Receptacles that are not readily accessible and are supplied by a branch circuit dedicated to electric snow-melting, deicing, or pipeline and vessel heating equipment shall be permitted to be installed in accordance with 426.28 or 427.22, as applicable.
(B) Other Than Dwelling Units. All 125-volt, singlephase, 15- and 20-ampere receptacles installed in the locations specified in 210.8(B)(1) through (8) shall have ground-fault circuit- interrupter protection for personnel.
(4) Outdoors
Exception No. 1 to (3) and (4): Receptacles that are not readily accessible and are supplied by a branch circuit dedicated to electric snow-melting, deicing, or pipeline and vessel heating equipment shall be permitted to be installed in accordance with 426.28 or 427.22, as applicable.

This help?

Last edited:

nizak

Thank you. Was figuring up a quote for a new residence with multiple soffit receps for Christmas lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.