I am new to NEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

samir

Hello everyone, I have recently graduated from college and started my first job as Power System Engineer. As I have no prior experience and there is day to day reference to the NEC for standards at my job. Sometimes it is difficult for me to understand clearly the article I refer to. Can anyone let me know if there is any training or webinars or simplified texts/books available which can help me overcome this? I would really appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Hello everyone,<br>I have recently graduated from college and started my first job as Power System Engineer. As I have no prior experience and there is day to day reference to the NEC for standards at my job. SOmetimes it is difficult for me to understand clearly the article I refer to.<br><br>Can anyone let me know if there is any training or webinars or simplified texts/books available which can help me overcome this? I would really appreciate it.

The NEC handbook can be a good reference. or the McGraw-Hill handbooks can be useful too.

lakee911

Certainly get a handbook if you can. I also find it very helpful to just hang out here and read, read, read, read... you'll be surprised at how quickly you familiorize yourself with the NEC. You might also just browse the code book ... maybe flip to a random page and look it over every morning or something.

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
+

+

as Power System Engineer. ..Sometimes it is difficult for me to understand clearly the article I refer to.

NFPA-70 (NEC) calculations and table values are proprietary, maximizing publishing revenue with no obligation to pay royalties for engineering formulas to IEE/E, to internationally-recognized standards, or other engineering authorities.

Without reference to an engineering standard to derive its values, the NFPA's proprietary methods can be interpreted subjectively, and this provides industry players access to the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ), to clarify or influence conflicting interpretations.

Except perhaps where engineered plans exist, "under engineering supervision," this proprietary building standard has become a hallmark of enforcement exceptions, and subjective definitions.

With interpretation of Building-Code methods conflicting between municipalities and AHJ's, permit enforcement varies, as property owners already suspect of tax-generating building departments, are exploited by proprietary & subjective standards influenced by industry players.

jusme123

Occupation
JW
Hello everyone, I have recently graduated from college and started my first job as Power System Engineer. As I have no prior experience and there is day to day reference to the NEC for standards at my job. Sometimes it is difficult for me to understand clearly the article I refer to. Can anyone let me know if there is any training or webinars or simplified texts/books available which can help me overcome this? I would really appreciate it.

What specifically are you a having problem understanding? Maybe an example will help us better understand your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.