Question on junction can enclosures sharing 120V & low voltage wiring/connections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jango

Question on junction can enclosures sharing 120V & low voltage wiring/connections?

I'm going to be installing numerous exterior junction cans where both line voltage (120V) and low voltage (Network and Video) connections will be required. Can I get some input on the requirements/NEC specifications on this issue? Basically, do I need to keep all of my 120V line voltage wiring/connections within their own box within the larger enclosure. I'm just curious as to the NEC requirements on a large j-box enclosure where both low voltage connections and punch downs are present as well as 120V line voltage power supplies (wall warts and 120V terminal blocks) are present. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
That's what we do, use a UT box with a receptacle inside a larger enclosure, the 120 volt wiring is totally enclosed in conduit with either an offset nipple, or a rigid coupling and necessary fittings. The low voltage is free to do what it needs in the rest of the enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.