Sprecher and Schuh MV switchgear support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetson

Hi all,
I am looking for a spare Sprecher + Schuh (made in Austria) medium voltage breaker, circa mid-1980's.
I believe the breaker may be a minimum oil design, but I'm not sure.
We have an existing MV switchgear line up with 4 cells (one spare) and are looking to use the spare position. The existing breakers have a model number that appears to be either LTR/15/12/630 or HP404C or HP406E.

This is a 7.2 kV application.

Can anybody point me towards any technical support for S+S?

Thanks in advance, Elroy

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
No point in that.

S+S was bought by Rockwell in 1993, but Rockwell did not take the MV and HV components of the business, so there is no longer any connection through what is left of S+S.

The MV and HV portions were bought by Alstom, who merged with GEC, then bought Cegelec, then almost went under until bailed out by the French government. Now they are reborn and called Alstom again, but from the looks of their web sites they no longer deal in MV gear. Most likely someone bought the switchgear portion of Alstom when the reorganized after the French government had to divest their interest in it. Areva is who took over the MV relays and such, they may have taken the switchgear too. But Areva has now divested themselves of switchgear too, and it may have gone to Schneider (Square D).

The likelihood that a Schneider person is going to know all this and help you though?

About nil...

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
S+S was bought by Rockwell in 1993, but Rockwell did not take the MV and HV components of the business, so there is no longer any connection through what is left of S+S.

The MV and HV portions were bought by Alstom, who merged with GEC, then bought Cegelec, then almost went under until bailed out by the French government. Now they are reborn and called Alstom again, but from the looks of their web sites they no longer deal in MV gear. Most likely someone bought the switchgear portion of Alstom when the reorganized after the French government had to divest their interest in it. Areva is who took over the MV relays and such, they may have taken the switchgear too. But Areva has now divested themselves of switchgear too, and it may have gone to Schneider (Square D).

The likelihood that a Schneider person is going to know all this and help you though?

About nil...

Maybe Specher can help you.
http://www.sprecher-automation.com/en/products/sprepower-switchgears/medium-voltage/

Yes, while the medium voltage part of Areva T&D (the D portion) was bought by Schneider Electric and the HV line (the T portion) went to Alstom, I am pretty sure product support for 30yr old gear was not part of the arrangement.:weeping:

Have you looked into one of the breaker shops that retrofit/update old equipment?

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Maybe Specher can help you.
http://www.sprecher-automation.com/en/products/sprepower-switchgears/medium-voltage/

Yes, while the medium voltage part of Areva T&D (the D portion) was bought by Schneider Electric and the HV line (the T portion) went to Alstom, I am pretty sure product support for 30yr old gear was not part of the arrangement.:weeping:

Have you looked into one of the breaker shops that retrofit/update old equipment?
That actually looks like a more likely suspect for the legacy.

I guess maybe Sprecher lost his Shuh... :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.