Control Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Altendorf table saw. The control transformer is 2x 220v line side and the out put is 24v and 18 volt. 50-60 hertz and 100 va. I can get the replacement from the company but I was trying to find a part for the saw sooner than it would take to get from them. If anyone could help with and suggestions of a company that makes them in the US or any other solution. Thanks for any help in advance!

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I have an Altendorf table saw. The control transformer is 2x 220v line side and the out put is 24v and 18 volt. 50-60 hertz and 100 va. I can get the replacement from the company but I was trying to find a part for the saw sooner than it would take to get from them. If anyone could help with and suggestions of a company that makes them in the US or any other solution. Thanks for any help in advance!

I don't know what 2X 220 means.

Acme and other small transformer manufacturers have all kinds of small transformers. They probably have something you can use. Just call and ask.

templdl

A picture of the NP on the transformer that would show both the ratings and the connection diagrams would be extremely helpful in addressing the transformer requirements.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
You are not going to find anything with a dual voltage 24VAC and 18VAC output if that's what you meant. 18VAC is not someting anyone uses in the US that I'm aware of. Can you see if there is anything connected to the 18VAC terminals? If not, drop that requirement and you can get a 24VAC control transformer just about anywhere.

Most likely though, I'll bet you find that they have some sort of safety interlock circuit using that odd voltage, OEMs do that crap sometimes to force you to buy replacement parts from them. If there is something connected to it, look at it closely and see if it has specs or a part number you can Google for specs to find out if it has a voltage tolerance that you can live with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.