transformations

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerbis

Don't mean to hyjack this thred but it's somewhat related...

240v 3 wire 3 phase. I've been told that you can istall a 120/240v 4 wire 3 phase in it's place. Which anything is possible, but I imagine some re-configuration at the meter panel would be in order? If it's not possible could someone explain why? and does anyone have some schematics of transformer hookups? 240v 3 wire
120/240v 4 wire (delta and wye)
as well as others.

I have used the search but the terms are just too common to bring back results. Thanks!!

Smart $

Esteemed Member

240v 3 wire 3 phase. I've been told that you can istall a 120/240v 4 wire 3 phase in it's place. Which anything is possible, but I imagine some re-configuration at the meter panel would be in order? If it's not possible could someone explain why? ...
Don't understand your question. Perhaps it is out of context having been moved (don't know where from).

Can you elaborate a bit more...???

Smart $

Esteemed Member
...240v 3 wire 3 phase. I've been told that you can istall a 120/240v 4 wire 3 phase in it's place. ...
Ahh... re-read your post. Missed 3? 3W first go round.

Anyway, it will depend on the supply transformer and wiring to the meter. You obviously need 4 wires for a 4 wire service or feeder. The transformer will need a grounded center tap on one of the secondary windings. Other than bringing the 4th wire through the meter to the service equipement and bonding it to the meter pan, there shouldn't be much else to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.